If you have a partner and live in canberra and just can't find the right things to do on the weekend or during the week at night, other than movies and dinner (that will be in the list to but different places).
1. palace electric theater- has the nicest feel to it ever, you buy your ticket an get your normal movie food lovely popcorn (mmmm yum) as well you can get nice pasta dishes, sandwiches etc. Then you walk down to the corridor to the bar/cafe section, they've got a lovely selection of wines and beer/cider and more food choices a 3 dip platter with bread or cheese platter.
2. amf bowling, fun times with your partner. I personally find bowling heaps of fun and lots of laughs, it has a place to buy food and an arcade to play games if your over bowling. you can go just the two of you or you can go in a group. Amf has a deal going were you can play 2 games get 5 arcade tokens and shoe hire, check there webpage for coupons or deals.
3. during winter the ski rink in civic, is a fun time an more laughs if your not the most well balanced person in the world. there open all during the week an weekends, second best part about it being in the middle of the city your not to far away from hot chocolate or booze!
4. World curry festival! July 8-10 I love to eat so this is a big one for me, yum yum walk around the city center enjoying different curries and drinks.
5. putt putt mini golf- always fun, 18 holes of laughs and sometimes stress as you find out how competitive your partner really is.
6. or alternateive idea stay home, rent yours an there fave movie and order take away food sit in front of the tv with blankets rugged up nice an warm!